MRI Scan Results

When you're in pain on a daily basis, and the level of pain has increased over the last year, you know its got worse. Thats obvious surely?! But strangely, even though I know that makes sense and appears to be obvious, its the confirmation of someone telling you that its exactly the case that I struggle with. I've had it before with previous appointments and I've had it again today. I guess its the information finally sinking in. Its the idea that you could be imagining it disappearing and the realisation that how you've been feeling is actually fact. So when I had my MRI scan results through today that realisation hit again.

I had my scan a few weeks back, remember, the one where I hit the panic button and got pulled out of the machine! Haha. Well I got a snippet of my report through via email today. It was a lot of medical jargon that I have no idea about but it was the small summary at the end that basically summed it up. A 5cm cyst, a new 2.5cm possible fibroid and another 1.5cm of blood filled cystic endometriosis in the pouch of douglas. And to top it off, my uterus is still boggy with Adenomyosis to the point of where they can't even see the layers of the uterus anymore.

Now as I said, I've known that my health has gone down hill over the last year but it still hit me like a tonne of bricks. I haven't had a period in, pfffft I dunno, a couple of years. The endometriosis isn't meant to continue to grow, I shouldn't be bleeding so why is this happening! It doesn't change anything though, its just more for my consultant to get rid of in my operation... I hope. I'm still waiting for my official letter from him so hopefully he'll put a positive spin on it!! If he can that is.

Its been another difficult day. And although I may be broken, I'm OK...

A x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Womb-less

30th June

"How are you feeling?"